Monday, May 26, 2008

Mulch

This is the very first flower bed I started the year we moved in. Way back in 2001. It's grown in so well. There are some new plants up front that were added last year. Balloon flowers, veronica, and some daylilies. What has been there for years? Nikko blue hydrangeas, a lilac bush, two butterfly bushes (pink and purple), montauk daisies, coreopsis, geraniums, black eyed susans, and daylilies. The only thing blooming in this bed right now is the amazing dark purple irises.


Everything always looks better with a fresh coat of mulch.


Here is a close up of one. This picture does not do the color justice.





Here are some more garden shots freshly mulched.


Scapes on my Lavender Blue Baby Daylily. Yay!

and scapes on my Baby Blue Eyes Daylily.


A wild rose bud, this rose is native to long island and I got a peice from my mothers yard. I have no idea what the name of this rose is but it's always so beautiful all summer long and is very pest resistant.

Here it is in bloom.

No comments: