Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Something New...


I never thought I could put together an arrangement but I tried this sunday for my local flower clubs daylily show.

The theme was 'Through the Looking Glass'.

Flowers I used: Two different Hemerocallis (Unregistered Seedling ' Bob's Summer Blaze' R. Kann and a small unknown red), Campanula rotundifolia, Hosta and Hydrangea.

Here is a close up of the most predominant flower in the arrangement. Garden name, 'Bob's Summer Blaze'.

What I learned:
1. Keep it simple.
2. Make sure you have all the stems in the floral foam. ( I had a couple wilters)

All in all, I had fun and will probably take what I learned and enter again next year.


2 comments:

Laurie Fischer said...

How beautiful! You did a fabulous job!

Titania said...

A lovely arrangement. It is always exciting to learn new "things"!