Thursday, July 31, 2008

Some frequent guests in my garden.


Now that all my Buddleia are in full bloom I have some very frequent guests.
My dwarf pink being their top choice. Although they sample a bit of everything else as they visit.

Monarch Butterfly on a Buddleia.

Tiger Swallowtail Butterfly on a Buddleia.

I think this may be a honey bee, if it is, then they are alive and well in my garden this year. This picture is a bit blurry because this little bee wouldn't stop moving.


A little Skipper butterfly loving my hydrangea. I don't know how I got this shot. They are such quick little butterflies.


I'm not sure what type of bee this is but he was happy going from flower to flower on my Rudbeckia.


A little lady bug hanging out on my hibiscus plant and hopefully keeping away intruders.



A Black Swallowtail Caterpillar having a snack on some parsley. I'm hoping it stays and makes a chrysalis in my herb garden.


A cool dragon fly has been visiting a lot. This was my first chance to get a snapshot.

To see their closeups just click on the picture. I learned this from Nichole's blog. :)



1 comment:

Lavender and Vanilla Friends of the Gardens said...

You have a lovely garden. The "visitors" think so too. What would a garden be without all the small critters which make us look closer. Great photos.