Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Seedlings and Protecting My Scapes

This past weekend was a busy one. I had written a blog a while back about dogs in the garden. This however was before the arrival of Oakley. He is the sweetest dog ever but boy does he like to play. Our other two dogs now have a second wind and together they all tear around the back yard. I really love to see them play but cringe and yell every time they run through the daylily beds.

Me and my husband worked on a solution. He fenced in a section of the yard and I made new beds and moved about 30 daylilies into our new garden. It's definately a work in progress. So far, I like it. Searching for some new plants to fill the area will be fun and moving some others from the yard into our garden will definately make it look as if it's always been there.
The next project is a gate and an arbor to finish it off.

I also planted 31 seedlings in their very own bed inside the new garden. They got a topsoil, manure and compost mix topped with some mulch. So far they are looking very pleased.

Here is a picture of one of the seedlings.


Here are just a few new blooms in the gardens.


H. 'Chicago Queen'

Hydrangea 'Annabelle'

H. 'Custard Candy'

H. 'Grape Ice'

Hydrangea 'Nikko Blue'

H. ' Rosy Returns'

H. 'Stella De Oro'

No comments: