Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Now I know why they say it's like Christmas morning...

This morning I saw my very first seedling bloom. It actually started opening last night and I could only see the purple on the end. I had to control myself not to peel the petals back to take a peek. I fought the urge and waited to look at it in the morning.

This is seedling JK7 (NIGHT BEACON X LAVENDER STARDUST). Not so bad for my first try.
It sent up scapes and bloomed earlier than both parents. It's hard to tell in the picture but it has a diamond dusting which makes it sparkle in the sun. It also has a pale blue/purple toned eye above the yellow/green throat. The picture does not do it justice. I hope I get to see it open all the way before I leave for work.



1 comment:

Melanie Chopay said...

Hi Janice,

Congratulations! I still miss the thrill of running out there to see my seedlings bloom. Maybe someday I'll start hybridizing again.

Enjoy your new babies :-)
Melanie